The Friends of Minesing Wetlands (FOMW) was officially established in 1997. FOMW are made up of a committed board of directors, our general membership and a staff member of the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority to facilitate treasury and other administrative needs.
Purpose & Objectives for Friends of the Minesing Wetlands
- To protect the ecological integrity of Minesing Wetlands, and its supporting watershed.
- To undertake specific projects and initiatives, or organize and promote special events compatible with Ramsar guidelines and the Minesing Wetlands management objectives, and as agreed to by the Friends of Minesing Wetlands.
- To promote educational, recreational and eco-tourism opportunities compatible with the preservation of the Minesing Wetlands ecosystem.
- To develop programs which further the public’s awareness, education, understanding and appreciation of Minesing Wetlands social and ecological services.
- To function in partnership with the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority as a charitable non-profit corporation for the purpose of fundraising in accordance with Provincial and Federal Statutes on a continuing basis.
- To raise funds to supplement, compliment and enhance the ecologically sound management of Minesing Wetlands.
- To accept donations, bequests and other gifts.
The Minesing Wetlands is one of Southern Ontario’s largest wetlands and internationally recognized as a wetland of significant importance in part because of its unique vegetation communities and diversity of wildlife.
For more information on the Minesing Wetlands see:
Enjoy our website and contact us to get involved…we are always looking for new members!